Welcome! Gal is a 23-year-old Malaysian physiotherapy student, with a head of probably a 17-year-old's likes, loves, and interests, and this here's an all-sorts-of-things-blog, from personal posts to fandom reblogs (foreword of warning: MULTIPLE AND SECONDHAND FANDOMS, and when I'm in a hurrying mood, I tend to leave posts untagged), but you can generally deduce that I pretty much love the following:ISLAM, ANIME, MANGA, READING, WRITING, DRAWING, FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST, MOTIVATIONAL POSTS, HARRY POTTER (BOOK AND MOVIE VERSIONS), SHERLOCK HOLMES (SIR ARTHUR CONAN DOYLE'S, BBC AND MOVIE VERSIONS), LEGEND OF KORRA, RISE OF THE GUARDIANS, THE HOBBIT (MOVIE VERSION), GAME OF THRONES (TV VERSION, KUROSHITSUJI, FINAL FANTASY, KINGDOM HEARTS, DRAGON BALL/Z/GT, THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, SCORPIONS...
List is actually endless, so feel free to follow or message if you'd like to share with me something, or just derp together. Enjoy!
Ugly caption going here but I just really wanted to gif these because of their expressions. Jack’s of surprise, pain, and almost yearning, before remembering that Pitch was the one who just made the Guardians think he betrayed them and should very well want to hurt him. Then Pitch’s of rejection and the unexpectedness of the bit of hurt that it caused, before remembering that he’s the bad guy who shouldn’t need anybody in the first place. The facial expressions in this movie are just so beautifully done and insightful to what the characters are feeling.
Look how Pitch’s face just completely morphs from rejected and lonely into an unforgiving look of anger and evil.
There’s even a tiny hesitation before the emotion completely switches, like it’s finally dawning on him that there are no other people like him, and there never will be, and he’s going to be alone in his intentions for the rest of his life.
It’s like he just gave up on the dregs of his humanity and went back to being what he knew he could rely on, what he’s always known, and all he thinks he’ll ever be. It’s the easiest route for him, because presenting his actual emotions to himself is the horrible alternative, and one he won’t risk taking.
This poor soul.
bless you dreamworks
“To avoid the usual bad-guy cliches, he acts more like a guy who enjoys what he is doing in a playful way. We also explored the notion that he was linked to shadows, and that maybe he could use them to transport himself,” Hordos elaborates. “Maybe he could go into a shadow and come out of another one… but if there were no shadows, he could be trapped.”
Another war the filmmakers approached the development of Pitch’s character was to make him seem publicly endearing and willing to help others while allowing him to have a true, bitter side that reveals itself only when he is by himself. Pitch, then, is a divided villain who realizes that he needs the rest of the world, even as he sets out to destroy parts of it.
god f***** bless the art of rise of the guardians (via jaaaaaaaaaackfrost)
Pitch’s Center, So, what’s yours?
Pitch and his daughter on an afternoon day.<3 ( Full view please )
I swear this is the cutest intro ever.
remember how i said i wasn’t gonna draw Pitch and his daughter cause i wanted to spare myself the tears and agony?
WELL OBVIOUSLY I DIDN’T !!
and NOW, i’m done with the “everyone loves Pitch” series. good bye.
and happy new years !!
Good way to start the new year, thank you!
Can we just for a moment actually look at this from an art/animating view?
I like this gif. I really do. I find Jack attractive, and it’s not just because I like teenage boys with white/silvery hair. But as I’ve been looking at it I’ve been noticing all these little things that make CGI movies so realistic in a way, nowadays.
- The strings on his hoodie. As he turns, they move the way you’d expect them to, they look like they have the right weight or something. They fall the right way. Someone watched people turning around in hoodies and made sure this was right. A+ on the physics engine and the lighting system in this movie.
- At the ‘end’ of the loop watch his chest. He’s breathing. ”Of course he’s breathing,” you might say. But he’s breathing. His chest is expanding, like a real chest, not just from sighing or anything, but from just standing there and being a human. You don’t even notice it, like you don’t really notice the breathing of yourself, or your friends, or your family, or anyone else. It’s one of those things that brings subtle life to things and I’m just completely taken over it.
- His ear. ”But Melissa,” you say again, “It’s a fucking ear.” Yes. Yes it is. It is a stylized ear, but look at the lighting. It looks like it’s glowing red dully, and that’s not because he’s frosty and people get red on their ears when they’re cold. It’s because light is going through his ear, and showing the blood in it, and so it looks red. You never really think about it, but ears are pretty thin, and when the right light is on it you can sort of see through it. But only a little. You can see the insides. You know what I mean.
- When he’s turning, his right arm is reasonably loose, and you can see the subtle movements from centrifugal forces or whatever, that his arm moves out and then back in again, and his hand moves with it in a way, and it’s adjusting the staff so that it stays on his shoulder instead of just flinging off into the sunset. And if you look, the staff is making the proper bobbing for balancing, and it’s just like AJDFKSJAFJSDKAJFDA
- His hair. It moves and bounces just ever so slightly, and it’s so shiny and perfect, and I want it, and ajfDSAJFSAKJFSAJFSajfksxjvkaskreqw /dies
- You can’t see it well in this, but throughout the entire movie when there was a particular closeup of Jack’s eyebrows, I was in love. Sure, from far away they look like they’re just dark, but up close there are silvery white hairs in his eyebrows. There are actually a lot of them, but they’re mixed in ever so slightly and it’s giving me an art boner. I recently had to do a lot of work on hairlines and eyebrows, and you don’t really realize how important highlighting a few hairs here and there makes it so much more realistic than just a dark smear for an eyebrow. As for why they decided to make his eyebrows dark, it’s because white eyebrows on a very pale person looks very strange and uncomfortable. It doesn’t show up well on screen, for one, and emotions are shown much easier if the brows contrast with the skin. The same goes for eyelashes. Light eyelashes look unsettling, because we’re so used to seeing darker lashes break up the white of the skin and the white of the eye. (I understand this point is moot with people who aren’t pasty white, but Jack is pasty white.) From what I’ve seen, facial hair is commonly a little darker than head hair on white folks. Unless you’re a weird ginger. But getting back to his eyebrows, it’s fantastic that there’s brown and silver-white in there AND THEY HAVE INDIVIDUAL HAIRS ON HIS FACE
- Also this son of a bitch has remotely realistic fingernails and I was freaking out because nails are terrifying to me.
- The frost details on his hoodie reflect more light than the fabric and it’s SHINY.
And that’s why he feels real.
All those details I didn’t even notice some of them until now. THANK YOU PERSON!!! I’m gonna be looking for details when I watch these movies. It is just so cool.
[This person has said just everything I couldn’t bother to type out cause I would freak out to much about the animation and instead just yell at people to look at it. This is what I’m talking about! This animation hhnnngggg~]
posts like this make me remember why animation is my number one geeky pastime.
reblogging for that animation rant <3
“It is our job is to protect the children”
Rise of the Guardians (an introduction by Burgess)
↳ “We are the guardians, protectors of children’s dreams. That’s Bunnymund and Tooth and Sandy. That’s me, North! Together, we are known as the Guardians. And we only exist if children believe in us. To our surprise, for deep in the shadow, a dark figure emerged. His name was Pitch…”
“…The man of the Moon has chosen a guardian to join us. His name is Jack Frost.”
Jack attempt at parenting.
But this is really, really cute ;A;
Little preview of another comic - 12 pages.
After seeing the preview page Phobs posted, I was just inspired to draw another short story.
It won’t be as pretty- I’m basically keeping it at a minimal clean-up with shading and spot colors. Sorry, work days dictate how many hours I can spend on this (and I am still more comfortable working B&W these days)
I’ll need a few days to finish this.
12 PAGES FOR FEW DAYS?!! FEW DAYS?!
I didn’t realize how slow I am until this moment…
anyway - I love this comic already *Щ* And I see a medieval landscape! 8D